family

Treat yourself a little better.

Friday, July 06, 2012

La Petite . 
*sorry for the really lousy quality image. actually searched it on google

Went there for dinner twice now! Not once was I disappointed. Except when their beverages are too costly. Probably the reason why I noticed many people drinking the water they're providing FOC.

Not too fancy kind of restaurant but their food is worth going for multiple times! Not only is their food good, the people there are really funny and welcoming too!

Felt like I was very under-dressed that day and was so tense but the people there totally got me loosen up. HAHA.

OH, and also, I like the fact that their chef (probably French) comes out and greet his customers occasionally. [:

DID YOU KNOW THAT THEY SERVE FOIE GRAS?!!!
It's really hard to find places which have this anymore. If it wasn't for my parents, I wouldn't have known such food exists. First time I ate it, I WAS IN HEAVEN.

there there! Right above the "Main"
They're serving it as an appetizer if I'm not wrong....

For those of you who don't know what a FOIE GRAS is, it's called 鹅肝 in Chinese and you MUST try it !!!! *tried translating it from Chinese using Google Translate and I got Foie Gras

SO ! ARE YOU READY FOR THE PART WHERE YOU SALIVATE??!
*so am I ! 


Was each given thisssss. Crispy bread & mm butter ! (probably common as appetizer for most restaurants) :

-
-

Then THIS. THE FOIE GRAS :



I'm gonna try to describe its taste though nothing can ever describe how awesome it tastes. It does not taste like meat that's for sure. (though it looks like meat) It's soft, like when-you-put-in-your-mouth-it-melts kind of soft.
Taste, however, it's indescribable. *could taste it in my mouth right now, would never stop craving for it. Curse you Foie Grassssssssss :( *


-
-
Up next was actually my dad's spaghetti dish but he was so hungry I didn't get the chance to take a pic before he ate it. :/ Sorry guys! 

But managed to take a picture of my mum's dish! My sister had the same. 

Sirloin Steak w/gratin potato & salad :

 *so it was already eaten :x

They ordered it as medium-rare. Mum said it was hard. :/
But I thought their potato was pretty yummy.
-
-
Mine came last; Confit de canard w/gratin potato : 

Totally had no idea it was DUCK. I ordered it without knowing what it means because I wanted to surprise myself . LOL . call me weird.

NOT VERY SURPRISED WHEN I SEE IT. BUT ! VERY SURPRISED WHEN I ATE IT :O
-
-
I was like ...
 *ohkay, maybe not that adorable 


You know how usually duck meat are so rough and hard? (not a fan of duck meat myself)
But then this was so different it got me liking it.

The meat actually turned out to be smooth and soft.
-
-
So these dishes are what we had the last time we went! 
But just to give you more ideas about their food, I actually tried their SPAGHETTI the first time we went there. 

DISH: Spaghetti w/cepes in olive oil
I was kinda thinking it would be more like a typical Aglio Olio you can find in Western stalls. 

What I got:

*image not mine

That image's spaghetti was already touched before the pic was taken, fyi. Because what I got was actually... more presentable. Haha. 

ANYWAY ! It tastes pretty unique! Not what I thought it would taste like. Honestly. 
For people who likes meat in their dishes, I think this dish would probably not be for you. 
But for Vegetarians, I WOULD TOTALLY RECOMMEND THIS . (Y)
-
-
Hope I got you salivating now! 
 -
Sorry I just have to do this, it can't just be a long post about food without me:


At least it's an interesting one! Haha! 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. The spaghetti looks different but tempting. The cutlery to eat it with looks like chopsticks. It would be interesting to eat spaghetti w/chopsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes very tempting :D
    Chopsticks? Oh in the background. Didn't realise that. Haha. I don't remember eating spaghetti with chopsticks though o.o

    ReplyDelete

Facebook Page